Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
Another easy and great way to make grits.
- 3 cups water
- 3⁄4 cup quick-cooking grits
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 ounces ham, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1 dash hot pepper sauce
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Grease 1-1/2-quart soufflé dish or deep casserole.
- Bring water to a boil in medium saucepan. Stir in grits and salt. Cook, stirring frequently, about 5 minutes or until thickened. Stir in cheese, ham, chives, egg yolks and hot pepper sauce.
- In small clean bowl, beat egg whites until stiff but not dry; fold into grits mixture. Pour into prepared dish. Bake about 30 minutes or until puffed and golden. Serve immediately.