This casserole was first served to me 30+ years ago by my sis in law Kathy. It is a real good fast recipe as you can have this done in less than 40 minutes. Kids love this--adults too. It is perfect for busy moms on days when you have to run the kids here and there. Only 4 ingredients and super easy to put together. The 6 ounces of ham is Hormel chunk ham in the can like tuna comes in. The thing would not accept 1 can of Hormel chunk ham no matter how hard I tried.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Prepare your casserole dish by buttering with the butter or spray with Pam (I butter).
- 2Cook noodles as per package.
- 3While noodles are cooking, chunk up the ham and add to your casserole dish.
- 4Drain noodles and place in casserole dish.
- 5Add 2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese. Using 2 forks, kinda toss/mix together the noodles cheese and ham. Put a little extra cheese on top. Cover and pop in microwave 8 to 10 minutes, just until the cheese is nice and melted and the chunked ham is heated.
- 6You could put it in the oven too at 350°F for the same time, but I always just nuke it.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ham & Cheese Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (188 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 643.9
- Calories from Fat 250
- Total Fat 27.8 g
- Saturated Fat 15.5 g
- Cholesterol 160.8 mg
- Sodium 1033.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 61.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 35.7 g