Recipe by gruntlady
This casserole was first served to me 30+ years ago by my sis in law Kathy. It is a real good fast recipe as you can have this done in less than 40 minutes. Kids love this--adults too. It is perfect for busy moms on days when you have to run the kids here and there. Only 4 ingredients and super easy to put together. The 6 ounces of ham is Hormel chunk ham in the can like tuna comes in. The thing would not accept 1 can of Hormel chunk ham no matter how hard I tried.
Top Review by Bobtail
Five stars for simple, fast and good! I love ham and cheese casseroles and this recipe hit the spot! I prepared it for supper tonight just for myself and so I would have leftovers. It was great comfort food on a rainy night and after a very tiring week at work. Thanks gruntlady, this is a keeper!
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare your casserole dish by buttering with the butter or spray with Pam (I butter).
- Cook noodles as per package.
- While noodles are cooking, chunk up the ham and add to your casserole dish.
- Drain noodles and place in casserole dish.
- Add 2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese. Using 2 forks, kinda toss/mix together the noodles cheese and ham. Put a little extra cheese on top. Cover and pop in microwave 8 to 10 minutes, just until the cheese is nice and melted and the chunked ham is heated.
- You could put it in the oven too at 350°F for the same time, but I always just nuke it.