Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a quick and easy to put together bread.
- 6 -7 ounces of cooked smoked ham, finely diced
- 8 ounces of shredded cheddar cheese or 8 ounces your favorite cheese
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 cups biscuit mix
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 10x15 inch pan with Pam and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients.
- Spread into greased pan and bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until done.
I liked this bread, but I don't really think it is anything like what other reviewers said it was. Mine was a bit dry...I know it's bread so it's not exactly supposed to be wet, but I would have liked a little more moisture. This would make good biscuits too. Thanks for posting Nimz. Made for the week 1 Football Pool, 2008.
I had leftover ham and needed a quick recipe to put it in. I came across this and thought it sounded like a good idea. I didnt have biscuit mix on hand, so I used the substitute [when I clicked on the ingredient, they information listed gave a good substitution]. It was really good; we all enjoyed it.
Nimrod another wonderful recipe! I used honey ham instead of smoked and cheddar cheese. This went together so easily and quickly! We had this for a quick snack on the weekend and this would be great for anytime of the day!