Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
from betterbudgeting.com submitted by Sydney Ramirez I was digging through the refrigerator trying to come up with something this weekend without going to the store and the pickings were slim. I put this together and my kids were going on and on about how good it was, and the different ways we could make it.
- Open the tube of biscuits. Take two at a time and roll them out fairly thin on a cookie sheet. (No need for extra flour.) Place a slice of ham in the center and add some shredded cheese. Roll up the biscuit and dip the rolled biscuit in the shredded cheese. Place the roll cheese side up and bake until browned slightly, about 10 to 12 minutes. I used an insulated cookie sheet, so I didn't have to worry about the bottoms burning. Serve alone or with a side of deli or regular mustard.
- 2 cans of biscuits make 10 roll ups (10 biscuits per can). Adjust according to the size of your family. A smaller version of this could also be used for appetizers using only one biscuit per roll up.
- You can also use this idea with other fillings, such as:.
- Chicken and broccoli with Swiss cheese.
- Hot dogs or polish sausages and sliced cheese (pigs in a blanket).
- Ground beef and spaghetti sauce with mozzarella cheese sprinkled with parmesan cheese & garlic powder (rolled calzones).
- Corned beef, roast beef or ground beef, sauerkraut and Swiss cheese.
- Roast beef, smoked cheese and deli mustard.
- Scrambled eggs and cheese.
- The possibilities are endless. Also consider filling them with butter and rolling them in cinnamon sugar for a simple treat in the morning with coffee or a snack for the kids.