Recipe by katie in the UP
I made this up one evening...now we've had it several times for a quick dinner...just add a salad.
Top Review by Dessertcher
Very good. I used Prosuitto that I fried up a little bit and cut up into small pieces before adding it to the mashed potatoes. And put a few green onions and prosuitto bits on top of the cheese. Delicious!!
- 2 large baked potatoes
- 118.29 ml chopped ham
- 236.59 ml shredded swiss cheese
- 59.16 ml milk
- 3 green onions, finely sliced
- ground black pepper
- butter, for mashing potatoes
Directions See How It's Made
- Half the potatoes and take pulp out leaving 4 shells.
- Mash potatoes with milk and pepper. Add all but a hand full of the cheese, ham and onions.
- Fill potato shells sprinkle remainder of cheese on top and broil until brown and bubbly. Approx 5 to 7 minutes.
- **before leaving for work in the mornings I toss a couple of large baking potatoes in the crock pot, dry. On high -- they are always perfect for this recipe when we get home at night!
- Add green salad -- and it's a week night 'quick' meal!