A light savory muffin that's good for lunch. I am looking forward to making these to take for lunch at work.
- Preheat oven to 210°C Lightly great 12 muffin tins.
- Sift together flour, baking powder and salt into a bowl and make a well in the centre.
- In another bowl lightly whisk together the eggs and milk. Stir in the ham, cheese and pineapple.
- Fold the egg mixture into dry ingredients and stir quickly to combine.
- Spoon mixture into prepared muffin tins and bake for 12-15 minutes or until muffins spring back when lightly pressed.
I made this to put in my lunch box and my 6 year old son's lunchbox. We froze them and then put them (still frozen) in our lunches in the morning. The only change I made to the recipe was using whole grain spelt flour. We loved them and will make them again. Thank you for posting!!!
Take my comment back, I left these over night in a container and the next day were YUMMO! Tasted like Cheese and Bacon rolls, good =)
Yummy! These are great. My husband said to rate them a "10." He loved them and so did his golfing buddies. They are so moist inside. It makes a lot of batter, so I filled the 12 cups quite full. It took the whole 15 minutes for them to cook in my oven (which is on the hot side). Easy to make. I followed the recipe exactly as posted, using 1% milk, and I'm sure you could even use skim milk, which I will do in the future (soon). I'm trying to lose weight so next time I think I'd make half the batter with 100 grams of cheese and the other half, perhaps a teaspoon per muffin to make them more calorie-wise for me. This recipe was reviewed for the Recipe Tag game. Thanks for submitting!