Recipe by MsPia
This is my favorite after Easter dish. Great way of using up all those colored Easter eggs. Be careful if you substitute the mozzarella cheese for another kind, you might need to cut back on the bouillon, since the pie can turn too salty. (I made that mistake once)
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Made this quiche for a breakfast treat for a couple of friends who were here overnight, & it was wonderful, a very nice comfort food, I thought! Easy since I always have a bowl of hard-cooked eggs in the fridge, along with some left-over ham! That, & our usual fruit smoothie made for a great meal! [Tagged & made in Please Review My Recipe]
- 8 ounces ham, chopped
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 4 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, sliced
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- 1⁄4 cup milk, warm
- 1 (17 1/3 ounce) boxpepperidge farm frozen puff pastry
Directions See How It's Made
- Warm up the oven to 375°F.
- Roll puff pastry on to a pie dish.
- Sprinkle ham on the bottom of pie; add a layer of sliced hard boiled eggs and a layer of the mozzarella cheese.
- Dissolve the beef bouillon in the warm milk and mix with parley, beaten eggs and Parmesan cheese.
- Pour over ham, eggs and cheese.
- Cover the pie with the second puff pastry.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let it sit for 5 to 10 minutes before cutting and serving.