Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
You can get this ready in the morning and then finish it 30 minutes before dinner. I like to put in some frozen peas too for color Just put them in frozen before adding the sauce. Nice way to use up some of the left over ham
- 4 cups cauliflower florets, steamed to tender crisp
- 2 cups cubed cooked ham
- 1 1⁄2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup milk (2% is OK)
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup aged cheddar cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon dry breadcrumbs
- salt and pepper
- Mix cooked cauliflower ham and mushrooms.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Melt butter in a sauce pan and stir in the flour.
- Stir in the milk and cook until it has thickened.
- Stir in the sour cream and cheese; stir until the cheese has melted and the sauce is smooth Put ham and cauliflower in to an ungreased 3 quart casserole dish.
- Pour sauce over top.
- You make now let this sit in the fridge until 40 minutes before dinner or continue to the finish- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Sprinkle with crumbs.
- Put in the oven for 30-40 minutes or until heated through.
I really enjoyed this fast, easy one dish meal! However, it came out a little watery. I think it was from the mushrooms. But that's okay because it tasted great! I used soy milk, fat free sour cream, and mozzarella because I didn't have cheddar. Very tasty.
Made exactly as stated, omitting the mushrooms and adding slightly more cheese. Delicious!
This was good and I will probably make it again with a couple of changes. There was too much cauliflower and not enough ham. I would make it 50/50 or more ham than cauliflower. I would also add some color as it looks a little bland, maybe some brocolli, green/red pepper, etc. I also used canned mushrooms so did not have the watery problem, although they did not seem to add much flavor. I was out of sour cream and substituted mayo. All in all we enjoyed it.