Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
I think this originally came from "Best of Bridge". It is a great way to use leftover ham.
- 1 cup potato, cooked and cubed
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup shredded swiss cheese
- 2 cups cubed cooked ham
- 1 cup soft breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cook onion in butter.
- Blend in flour, salt, and pepper.
- Add milk slowly, stirring continuously, cook until thick.
- Remove from heat.
- Add cheese and stir until it melts and is well blended.
- Add ham and potatoes and mix together.
- Pour into a casserole dish, sprinkle with crumbs.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 30 minutes.
This was really good. Both kids even asked for seconds. I added 1/4 cup more milk and still thought the sauce was a bit too thick so next time I'll add even more. Also added garlic powder and extra pepper. This is definitely a keeper for us. Thank you!
Excellent! We all love scalloped potatoes and ham in our house. This dish is better than plan old scalloped potatoes. My son hates swiss cheese but just loved it in this recipe. I doubled the recipe and I'm glad I did. There's not alot of it left over. :-)
This was delicious! I cooked carrots and garlic with the onions and used cheddar and american cheeses. Omitted the breadcrumbs due to personal preference. My 4 year old loved it and the leftovers were just as good and didn't last long!