Recipe by KittyPurr
A delicious dinner concoction for leftover ham, ready in just minutes! This was one of my Dad's creations.
Top Review by WJKing
This was a nice recipe (somewhere between 3 1/2 & 4 stars, I believe..)- a serious 'comfort' food to be sure...! My husband loved it, and my DS's (5 & 3) as well as my DD (9 mo's) ate lots as well. I felt it was a bit too dry. If I would decide to make it again, I'd definitely add 1/4- 1/2 c. of milk, and probably cover the dish while baking, all but maybe the last 10 minutes, so the crumbs could brown. All in all, a great recipe - a twist on traditional ham & mac - w/ the addition of broccoli. Served w/ salad & applesauce - it went over well here in PA! Thanks for sharing!
- 2 cups cooked ham, diced
- 1 cup onion, minced
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 can cream of broccoli soup
- 1 box deluxe macaroni & cheese dinner mix
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄4 cup Italian breadcrumbs
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease a casserole dish with margarine or non-cook spray.
- Saute the onion and ham in oil until onions are soft and ham is golden-brown, drain.
- Prepare macaroni and cheese according to package directions; add ham and onion mixture, cream of broccoli soup and Italian seasoning, mix well.
- Pour mixture into casserole dish, top with breadcrumbs.
- Bake in a 375 degree pre-heated oven for 25 minutes.