Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
A delicious dinner concoction for leftover ham, ready in just minutes! This was one of my Dad's creations.
- 2 cups cooked ham, diced
- 1 cup onion, minced
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 can cream of broccoli soup
- 1 box deluxe macaroni & cheese dinner mix
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄4 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- Grease a casserole dish with margarine or non-cook spray.
- Saute the onion and ham in oil until onions are soft and ham is golden-brown, drain.
- Prepare macaroni and cheese according to package directions; add ham and onion mixture, cream of broccoli soup and Italian seasoning, mix well.
- Pour mixture into casserole dish, top with breadcrumbs.
- Bake in a 375 degree pre-heated oven for 25 minutes.
This was a nice recipe (somewhere between 3 1/2 & 4 stars, I believe..)- a serious 'comfort' food to be sure...! My husband loved it, and my DS's (5 & 3) as well as my DD (9 mo's) ate lots as well. I felt it was a bit too dry. If I would decide to make it again, I'd definitely add 1/4- 1/2 c. of milk, and probably cover the dish while baking, all but maybe the last 10 minutes, so the crumbs could brown. All in all, a great recipe - a twist on traditional ham & mac - w/ the addition of broccoli. Served w/ salad & applesauce - it went over well here in PA! Thanks for sharing!
My family really liked this. The spices were pleasing. I did add 2 or 3 TBS of milk because it seemed dry. This will be something I will make again.
This is a quick recipe for on the go however I did make changes. It was a little dry so I added a little more liquid. I didn't have broccoli soup so I added celery soup with small broccoli pcs. added to it. I made my own italian breadcrumbs. I also added about 1/2 c. shredded cheddar cheese for extra flavor. On top of the bread crumbs I also dotted it with a little butter because they were a little dry. However, the taste of this dish was very good and my family really liked it. I used a very lean ham and cut off all fats. It was very tasty. Thank you for the recipe, it will definitely go in my recipe file...my dh took the leftovers for lunch.