Recipe by Dorel
This is my adopted recipe, I haven't made it yet. All the flavors of the South baked into one casserole. If you don't like asparagus, you can substitute 2(10oz) pkg. Frozen broccoli spears, cooked, drained and chopped. Cook time includes cooking the rice.
- 1 cup rice
- 1 (16 ounce) package processed cheese spread
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 3 cups ham, cubes
- 2 (10 ounce) packagesfrozen chopped asparagus, cooked and drained
- 1⁄2 cup toasted sliced almonds
- 2 chopped tomatoes
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare rice as directed on package.
- Combine process cheese spread and milk in saucepan and stir over low heat until smooth.
- Combine cooked rice, cheese mixture, ham and asparagus, mix well.
- Spoon into greased 12x8 baking dish or pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.
- Garnish with almonds and tomato.
- NOTE: To toast almonds, spread a single layer of nuts on a cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 6-7 minutes.