Recipe by Connie Lea
This is a great recipe to use up ham and hard boiled eggs, leftover from Easter dinner. The recipe came from Frances Smith, Rockcreek Center H.S. in Bluffton, Indiana. Our whole family loves this recipe. I sometimes use Velveeta cheese if I don't have American cheese on hand.
Top Review by rosie316
Super easy and yummy supper! I made this a couple of nights ago for dinner, and hubby and I enjoyed it very much. I love the fact that everything is cooked prior to assembly of this dish, so it baked up very quickly. Perfect for a weeknight meal. I only made one change to this, and that was that I used a pre-cooked canned ham (since I had one in the pantry). I bet it would be even better using left-over ham from the holidays. I used my own Recipe #514038. I will definitely be making this dish again. Thanks for posting. (Made for PAC 2014)
- 1⁄4 lb American cheese, diced
- 1 1⁄2 cups thin white sauce
- 2 cups boiled macaroni
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked ham, diced
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs, buttered with
Directions See How It's Made
- Add cheese to white sauce and stir until the cheese is melted. Put 1 cup macaroni in bottom of greased casserole, sprinkle with 3/4 cup ham, cover with a layer of egg slices and pour 1/2 of the cheese sauce over the top. Repeat, arranging the remaining ingredients in like layers; cover with buttered crumbs. Bake in a moderate oven (350 degrees F) about 1/2 hour or until the crumbs are well browned.