1/5 Photos of Ham & Caramelized Onion Grilled Cheese
Nothing says comfort to me like a grilled cheese sandwich. This is a delicious variation from the classic. Recipe from Family Circle.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Coat a medium-size nonstick skillet with nonstick cooking spray and place over medium heat.
- 2Add onion, sugar and salt to skillet; cover.
- 3Cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until lightly browned; remove from heat.
- 4Stir together mustard, horseradish and honey; set aside.
- 5Spread 4 slices of bread evenly with mustard mixture, then layer 3 slices ham over each piece of bread.
- 6Place about 2 T onions on top of the ham, then place 1 slice cheese on top of the onions.
- 7Place 4 remaining bread slices over cheese.
- 8Spritz both sides of sandwich with nonstick cooking spray and cook in nonstick skillet over medium heat for 5-8 minutes or until cheese has melted, turning halfway through.
- 9Serve with mixed greens on the side, if desired.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ham & Caramelized Onion Grilled Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (278 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 543.3
- Calories from Fat 125
- Total Fat 13.9 g
- Saturated Fat 6.0 g
- Cholesterol 30.8 mg
- Sodium 1186.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 94.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 24.9 g
- Sugars 11.2 g
- Protein 27.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: