Not your usual red tomato sauce calzone. This recipe came from my mother who had clipped it out of a magazine eons ago. This has been a family favorite since I can remember! With simple alterations to recipe, I'm sure you can add any of your favorite ingredients!
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Stir ricotta cheese, ham, mozzarella cheese, and pepper until well blended.
- Take each loaf of bread and either tear or cut into five pieces.
- Flatten each piece of bread into a 5" circle.
- (This part is tricky and with practice, it gets easier. I usually just use my hands to stretch the dough into a circle).
- Place about a 1/4-1/2 C filling in center of bread and fold to one side.
- Seal edges together by squeezing.
- Place calzones on cookie sheets and brush with vegetable oil.
- Cook for 30-40 minutes until golden brown.