Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a tasty recipe of my aunt Judy's. They're great for a lunch get-together with friends.
- 1⁄2 cup softened butter
- 1 small chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon poppy seed
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1 1⁄4 cups chopped ham (8 oz.)
- 1 cup shredded swiss cheese
- 6 -8 hot dog buns, from deli
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix all ingredients until well blended.
- Divide evenly among the buns.
- Place in shallow baking pan and cover with foil.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
I made this as a ham and cheese melt and we enjoyed. Poppy seeds were great as was swiss cheese, used dinner ham, diced. The butter scared me away from adding any at all and I just buttered the crusty buns I had. And that was enough butter! the mix, however, didn't hold together which didn't affect the taste of course just the handling. Would let it bake for longer next time just to get it piping hot.
These were wonderful. I didn't have poppy seeds so I just omitted them. I also switched the swiss cheese for cheddar and they were great. Will be using this recipe again
I made this spread and used shredded cheddar on a bun and served it as a cold ham sandwich, very good! Thanks for sharing.