Recipe by Just Cher
This is a very simple tasty side dish that also goes well served along side eggs at any brunch.
Top Review by moxie
Side dish, shmide dish -- this was a delicious main course at our house!!! So easy to put together, and who doesn't like these flavors together? I did find I needed another Tablespoon of butter to get the flour incorporated. Thanks for sharing an easy weeknight meal, Cher!
- 8 large broccoli stems, steamed till slightly tender
- 8 slices of cooked deli ham
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese (swiss works well also)
Directions See How It's Made
- Center 1 broccoli spear a short edge of each ham slice.
- Roll broccoli spear in ham slice tightly.
- Place rolls in a 12x8 inch baking dish, seam side down.
- Melt butter in a heavy saucepan over low heat.
- Add flour& mustard, stirring until smooth.
- Cook 1 minute stirring constantly, gradually adding milk.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring until thickened& bubbly.
- Add salt, pepper and cheese, stirring until cheese melts.
- Pour sauce over ham rolls, sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 10 minutes or until bubbly.