Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is really good and can be made ahead and popped into the oven half an hour before eating! You can also change the type of creamed soups used to your liking.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon oil (I use extra virgin olive oil)
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 2 cups cooked ham, diced
- 3 cups broccoli florets, steamed
- 1 (10 ounce) can corn
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 (10 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 dash garlic powder
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded (I prefer extra-aged)
- 1⁄2 cup fine breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese (use breadcrumbs if you don't have parm on hand)
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cook onions in oil over a medium-low heat until soft.
- In a large bowl mix the milk, soup, seasonings and cheddar cheese together until combined. Gently stir in the cooked rice, ham, broccoli, corn and onions.
- Dump broccoli mixture into a large casserole dish.
- In a small bowl combine the melted margarine with the breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese using a fork until it becomes an even consistency.
- Spread breadcrumb mixture over the top of the casserole and bake uncovered for 30 minutes.
Excellent! Exatly what I was looking for! My husband liked it too. Easier to male than I anticipated.
This was really great! I didn't use as much oil to saute the onions and used no butter with the topping as well as fat free Cream of Mushroom soup. This makes A LOT of food, but it was definitely delicious! I did add quite a bit of Lawry's seasoning salt because it did seem a little bland. Leftovers were also great.
Love the combination of ingredients. I made and froze it as we were just tired of ham after all the Easter ham. Took it out of the freezer last week, made the topping and baked it. Turned out really nice. Only complaint was that it was a little bland. Would definitely add more flavor (herbs, garlic?) next time. Thanks!