Recipe by thepurpleturtle
This is really good and can be made ahead and popped into the oven half an hour before eating! You can also change the type of creamed soups used to your liking.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon oil (I use extra virgin olive oil)
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 2 cups cooked ham, diced
- 3 cups broccoli florets, steamed
- 1 (10 ounce) can corn
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 (10 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 dash garlic powder
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded (I prefer extra-aged)
- 1⁄2 cup fine breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese (use breadcrumbs if you don't have parm on hand)
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted or 1⁄4 cup margarine
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cook onions in oil over a medium-low heat until soft.
- In a large bowl mix the milk, soup, seasonings and cheddar cheese together until combined. Gently stir in the cooked rice, ham, broccoli, corn and onions.
- Dump broccoli mixture into a large casserole dish.
- In a small bowl combine the melted margarine with the breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese using a fork until it becomes an even consistency.
- Spread breadcrumb mixture over the top of the casserole and bake uncovered for 30 minutes.