Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
Oh this is so yum!
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms (sliced)
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 2 teaspoons butter or 2 teaspoons margarine
- 1⁄2 cup swiss cheese (shredded)
- 1 (9 inch) pie shells
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped ham
- 1 cup cooked broccoli (chopped)
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 dash nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons romano cheese (grated) or 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese (grated)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, saute' mushrooms and garlic in butter until tender.
- Sprinkle Swiss cheese in pie crust.
- Top with mushroom mixture, ham and broccoli.
- In a mixing bowl, beat together eggs, milk, flour, white pepper and nutmeg; pour into pie crust.
- Sprinkle with Romano or Parmesan cheese.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until a knife inserted near center comes out clean.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
I used a 9x9 square glass pan for the quiche and added an extra egg. The quiche was rather bland; it needs more flavor; maybe green onion and more pepper...
with ham mushroom and broccoli, there's too much stuff and the liquid spills over. maybe i'm not using a deep enough pie crust....
Needed to use up some left-over Christmas ham....and added benefit - I also had broccoli in the refrigerator that I'd forgotten about and I needed to use that up as well. I love mushrooms - had to make a trip to buy those. Very simple. DH & I ate 1/2 of it at one sitting - and we're not big eaters. I made it just as the recipe is written. Will make again. Thanks.