Recipe by Chef shapeweaver �
I had some leftover bits and pieces, and I wanted to clean out the " Fridge ". So, I mixed them all together and came up with this recipe. If you try this, change the amounts of seasonings according to your tastes. Serves 6 with a side salad.
- 2 cups uncooked pasta, I used rotini
- 10 ounces of chopped broccoli, thawed
- 2 tablespoons stick margarine
- 1⁄4 cup chopped sweet onion
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2-2 cups milk
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard (to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 12 ounces of diced cooked ham
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to directions on pasta box.
- Drain, but do not rinse.
- In same pan that you cooked the pasta in, add margarine and onion.
- Cook until onion is slightly softened, add flour and stir until well combined.
- Add milk a little at a time, until slightly thickened, you might not need all the milk.
- Then add dry mustard,cayenne pepper, salt and pepper.
- Remove from heat.
- Add up to 1 1/2 cups of cheese, and stir until melted.
- Add pasta back to cheese mixture, stir until well combined.
- Then stir in broccoli and diced ham.
- Place into a greased 2 quart baking dish.
- Sprinkle top with remaining cheese, and bake in a pre heated 350 degree oven for 35 minutes.