Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 hrs
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen broccoli florets, thawed and drained
- 3 cups cooked ham, cubed
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (8 ounce) jar processed cheese (Ragu, Cheese Whiz, etc...)
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup instant rice, uncooked
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- Combine broccoli and ham in crock pot.
- Combine soup, cheese sauce, milk, rice, celery and onion.
- Stir into soup mixture into ham mixture.
- Cook on low 4-5 hours- make sure rice is tender.
I absolutely loved this recipe. It actually cooks in less time , so you have to watch it. Instead of the jar cheese sauce, I used a small block of Velveeta that I cut into chunks and it worked out just fine. I also used fresh broccoli instead of frozen, I like the flavor better. Also, I thought that it had great flavor.
Very bland and mushy. I felt like I was eating baby food. This one will never touch my crockpot again, sorry!
Absolutely delicious! I actually used brown rice. I cooked the rice before hand (used about 3/4 cup before cooking) and reduced the amount of milk in the recipe by a couple of tablespoons. I also used 8 oz. of velveeta cheese instead of the cheese sauce. I will definitely make this again. My husband even loved it. Thank you!