Recipe by Aroostook
An easy supper dish that is great for using up leftover ham.
Top Review by Mary Christmas
This was quick and easy. Used cheddar instead of American cheese and served it with egg noodles. My kids gave it 5 stars. Next time I'll add mushrooms since I didn't have any tonight. Thanks!
- 4 cups cut up broccoli (or you can use cauliflower)
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1 cup milk
- 4 ounces American cheese, cubed
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream or 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt
- 2 cups cubed cooked ham
- 1 (3 ounce) can mushrooms, drained (optional)
- 1 cup soft breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon melted margarine or 1 tablespoon butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook broccoli until tender, drain.
- Preheat oven to 350F Grease 2 qt baking dish In a medium saucepan melt butter Stir in flour to make a roux.
- Whisk in milk Cook and stir until mixture thickens.
- Lower heat slightly.
- Stir in cheese and sour cream, until cheese is melted.
- Mix ham and cooked vegetables together and spread into baking dish Pour sauce over this Combine bread crumbs and 1 tablespoon melted butter.
- Sprinkle on top of casserole.
- Bake uncovered in a 350 degree oven for 40 minutes.