Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
I received a request for this recipe so I decided to post it. I've made this for years and have made a few adjustments in the ingredients to suit my family's tastes. It's still just a Ham and Broccoli casserole, but It's also a quick and easy dinner. I sometimes add waterchestnuts to give it a little crunch or sliced mushrooms. Feel free to add whatever you like and enjoy.
- 2 cups cooked ham, Diced (I often use pre-packaged ham as a timesaver)
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen broccoli florets
- 2 (10 ounce) cans broccoli cheese soup or 2 (10 ounce) cans cream of broccoli soup
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 cup cooked white rice or 1 cup brown rice
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup onion, chopped Fine (or to taste)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- Preheat oven to 350'.
- In a Large Bowl, Combine all of the casserole ingredients and mix until blended.
- Spoon into a large, buttered casserole dish.
- In a medium, microwave safe dish, add butter and microwave butter about 20 seconds at a time, take out and stir well before placing back in microwave, until butter is melted.
- Add bread crumbs and parmesan to butter and blend with a fork until it becomes crumbly, top casserole with crumb mixture.
- Cover and bake for 30 minutes, uncover and bake another 10-15 minutes or until casserole is hot and bubbly and topping has lighlty browned.
- Let stand 5 minutes, serve.
This was delish, but a bit oniony, I may omit them all together next time!
Pretty decent meal! I made use of leftover ham from New Years day, and everything else was in the pantry or freezer. I used one broccoli and cheese soup and one cheddar chees soup, and more broccoli and rice than the recipe called for. It made enough for 8. A little salty (the ham and the soups), but an all around keeper.
This was a big hit at my house! I made a few adjustments: I increased the rice to 2 - 2 1/2 cups cooked rice, used 3 slices of bread for the bread crumbs. I used a combo of broccoli cheese soup and cream of broccoli and used a 16 oz bag of frozen broccoli. The leftovers reheated wonderfully, although it seemed pretty oniony the next day. I'll probably reduce the amount of onion the next time. I'll definitely make this again. Thanks!!