Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
From Betty Crocker's Hearty Meat & Potatoes, 1985. Family favorite...i usually served with applesauce and sliced tomatoes.
- 1 (5 1/4 ounce) package scalloped potatoes mix
- 4 cups boiling water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon margarine or 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups smoked ham, fully cooked diced
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and drained
- 1 cup swiss cheese, shredded
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons margarine or 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- Heat oven to 375 degrees. Grease pie plate, 9 X 1 1/4 inches. Cover potato slices from scalloped potato package with boiling water in 2 1/2 quart bowl; stir in salt. Let stand uncovered 15 minutes; drain thoroughly. Toss potatoes with melted margarine and 1 egg. Press potato mixture against bottom and siside of pie plate. Bake 10 minutes.
- Mix ham,broccoli, 1/2 cup of the cheese, 2 eggs and the onion. Heat 2 tablespoons margarine in 2 quart saucepan until melted; stir in Sauce Mix from scalloped potato package, the milk and mustard. Heat to boiling over medium heat, stirring contantly. Boil and stir 1 minute. Fold into ham mixture; spoon into potato shell. Bake uncovered 30 minutes; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake until cheese is melted, about 5 minutes longer. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
This was just delicious! My family just loved it. Fairly simple to make and the ingredients are inexpensive and great for those of us on a budget. This one is a keeper for sure.