Recipe by pigtailone
From Betty Crocker's Hearty Meat & Potatoes, 1985. Family favorite...i usually served with applesauce and sliced tomatoes.
Top Review by rinkydynk
This was just delicious! My family just loved it. Fairly simple to make and the ingredients are inexpensive and great for those of us on a budget. This one is a keeper for sure.
- 1 (5 1/4 ounce) package scalloped potatoes mix
- 4 cups boiling water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon margarine or 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups smoked ham, fully cooked diced
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and drained
- 1 cup swiss cheese, shredded
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons margarine or 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 375 degrees. Grease pie plate, 9 X 1 1/4 inches. Cover potato slices from scalloped potato package with boiling water in 2 1/2 quart bowl; stir in salt. Let stand uncovered 15 minutes; drain thoroughly. Toss potatoes with melted margarine and 1 egg. Press potato mixture against bottom and siside of pie plate. Bake 10 minutes.
- Mix ham,broccoli, 1/2 cup of the cheese, 2 eggs and the onion. Heat 2 tablespoons margarine in 2 quart saucepan until melted; stir in Sauce Mix from scalloped potato package, the milk and mustard. Heat to boiling over medium heat, stirring contantly. Boil and stir 1 minute. Fold into ham mixture; spoon into potato shell. Bake uncovered 30 minutes; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake until cheese is melted, about 5 minutes longer. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.