Recipe by Kaarin
This is a complete meal, great for breakfast or anytime. Colorful with a crunchy topping. This can be made ahead and refrigerated overnight.
Top Review by GaylaJ
Very good! I put this together this morning to pop in the oven this evening for an easy dinner. Since it had been refrigerated, and I used a smaller dish (8-inch), I added extra cook time. Having no onion salt, I used 1/8 teaspoon each onion powder and salt. I also tossed about a cup of panko with the butter in lieu of the corn flakes, but, otherwise, no changes and we loved it--thanks for posting!
- 4 slices bread, cubed
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 cup ham, cubed
- 1 cup frozen broccoli, thawed (or freshly steamed)
- 4 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1⁄2 cups corn flakes
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Lightly butter a 9x9 baking pan.
- Line pan with 1/2 the bread cubes.
- Mix the cheeses together,reserving 1/4 cup for topping, and layer 1/2 the cheese on top of the bread.
- Sprinkle the ham and broccoli over the cheese.
- Top with the remaining cheese, then the bread cubes.
- Mix well the eggs, milk, mustard and seasonings and pour over the bread.
- Top with the 1/4 cup cheese.
- Cover with foil and refrigerate overnight if desired.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Mix cornflakes and melted butter and spread on top of casserole.
- Bake 25 minutes covered, then uncover and bake 10-15 minutes more.