Prep 20 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This is what I did with my leftover ham bone. We love soup, so I made up this tasty one.
Make and share this Ham Bone Soup recipe from Food.com.
- Put the ham bone in water to cover, bring to boiling, then reduce the heat to low and simmer 1 hour with, chopped onions, sliced carrots, and diced rutabaga.
- Add the tomatoes, barley, beans, and cabbage.
- Add the bouillon, pepper and sugar.
- Cook until the meat falls off the bone.
- Remove the ham bone cut the ham in little pieces and put back in the soup. Enjoy!
This is such a delicious soup! And it got better each day. I did not add any beans but did add some parsnips I had to use up. Then I omitted the sugar. Delicious!