Recipe by Bob Marshall
Traditional recipe from the Homestead Association Ham & Bean Supper on Prudence Island.
- 4535.92 g potatoes, peeled and 3/4-inch diced
- 1 bunch celery
- 1 large white onion, minced
- 1 large red onion, minced
- 473.19 ml mayonnaise
- 78.07 ml white vinegar
- 24.69 ml salt
- 24.69 ml sugar
- 3.30 ml fresh ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook potatoes in rapidly boiling water until "al dente" (about six minutes). Then drain & cool in an ice water bath.
- When potatoes are slightly warmer than room temperature, place in a large bowl with all the remaining ingredients and gently fold together until thoroughly mixed.
- Place in a container and refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving.