Recipe by SolightlyUK
This is a recipe I found when I was on Weight Watchers and liked it enough to keep making it even when we weren't counting points. A good comforting soup for chilly days.
- 2 cups cooked ham
- olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried sage
- 1 can white kidney beans, drained and rinsed (about 19 oz.)
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken stock (I make mine from bouillion cubes.)
- 2 cups water
- 1 bag fresh spinach (or 1/2 pkg frozen)
Directions See How It's Made
- Brush very large non-stick saucepan with oil, saute ham, onions, carrots and sage over medium heat for about 5 minutes or until veggies are mostly cooked.
- Add beans, chicken stock and water; bring to a boil.
- Simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Stir in spinach and cook for another 2 to 5 minutes until spinach is cooked through.