Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
The sweet/sour taste the sauce adds makes these ham balls YUMMY!!! Use them for your main dish or as appetizers. These freeze and reheat nicely.
- 1 1⁄4 lbs ground ham
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups crushed graham crackers
- 1 can tomato soup
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- Combine the first 6 ingredients and mix well.
- Make into balls.
- Place in a 9X13 baking dish.
- Combine the sauce ingredients in a saucepan.
- Cook over low heat until sugar is dissolved.
- Pour over ham balls.
- Bake 40 minutes to 1 hour at 350 degrees until done.
- Don't over bake you want to keep these moist.
I MAKE THIS VERY RECIPE AND HAVE FOR YEARS... IT IS THE BEST.... DO GIVE IT A TRY.... WE LOVE IT.. NANA S.
Charlotte J, Thanks so much for posting this. It was in my Mom's favorite cookbook that disappeared after she passed. Now I have it again!! <br/> My kids are going to be SOOOOOO happy.!!<br/><br/>We use equal amounts of ham, pork, and beef.(2lbs each) add eggs then soak graham crackers in milk then add to mix... mix the sauce and pour over ham balls. dont heat first.. cover with foil for 30 min then take foil off. Make double sauce so you have enough..
these were very good--although a bit sweet--next time I'll cut back on the brown sugar in the sauce. Also, do not cover in the oven so they sauce creates a glaze for the meatballs!