Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
For all you Georgia fans, keepin it easy and peachy!
Make and share this Ham Baked With a Georgia Peach Glaze recipe from Food.com.
- Remove skin and excess fat from ham. Score fat on ham in a diamond pattern.
- Place the ham, fat side up, in a roasting pan (line with heavy duty aluminum foil for easy cleanup).
- Stir together remaining ingredients. Pour mixture evenly over ham.
- Bake at 325 for 30 minutes. Baste and then shield with foil after 30 minutes to prevent excess browning.
- Continue baking for 1 hour or until a meat thermometer inserted in ham registers 140 degrees, basting every 30 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
This ham was soooo good! I made it exactly as the recipe directed and must admit it was one of the best ham recipes I have ever had. Thanks for the great recipe I will be using this one again! I added my pic.
I made this ham for our anniversary dinner tonight and DH asked if I could make all our hams like this from now on. We had an 11 pound Smithfield ham so I used a 10 ounce jar of peach preserves and an 11.3 ounce can of peach nectar, 4 1/2 tablespoons of grainy mustard, and instead of ground cloves added some nutmeg. The glaze on the ham was outstanding, Sweet, tangy, a little zippy flavor, all wonderful! I will definitely make this ham recipe anytime we have a celebration. Thank you so much 2Bleu (Bird & Buddha) for making our anniversary dinner so special. Made and reviewed for the Photo Tag game.
This peachy glaze is really good! Of course you have to have cloves, and the mustard is a nice complement to the sweet peach taste. I had a little trouble getting the glaze mixed well so next time I may try heating it a bit to melt the preserves. All in all a wonderful recipe that I will make again!