Ham Baked in Wine - Skinke I Vin
Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 hrs 10 mins
- Loosen the skin from the ham and simmer with the onions and the leek for 1 hour in a roasting pan with all but ½ cup of the wine.
- Remove ham from roaster.
- Cut away and discard tough outer skin.
- Brown mushrooms in butter.
- Cut a slash in the top of the ham sufficiently large to hold the mushroom mixture, water, salt and pepper.
- Skewer the opening to keep the filling in place.
- Make a sauce of the 2 tablespoons of butter, 2 tablespoon of flour and the liquid from the roaster.
- Stir over a low heat.
- Add the reserved ½ cup wine a little at a time and mix well.
- Pout over the ham in the roasting pan and bake until tender (about 25 minutes to the pound) in a preheated 375º oven.
- Baste at least every ½ hour with juices from the pan.