Cook1 hr 5 mins
Real men say "yes"! Dollop with a little sour cream when serving if you like.
Make and share this Ham & Bacon Quiche recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (15 ounce) package refrigerated pie crusts
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 6 slices bacon
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 1⁄2 cups half-and-half
- 1 cup chopped cooked ham
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups shredded swiss cheese
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Fit 1 piecrust into a 9" deep dish pieplate according to package directions; trim dough around edges of pieplate.
- Place remaining piecrust on a lightly floured surface, cut desired shapes with a decorative 1" cookie cutter. Brush edge of piecrust in pieplate with beaten egg white; gently press dough shapes onto edge of piecrust. Pierce bottom and sides with a fork.
- Line piecrust with parchment paper or aluminum foil; fill piecrust with pie weights or dried beans.
- Bake at 400 for 10 minutes. Remove weights and parchment paper; bake 5 more minutes, and set aside. Reduce oven temperature to 350.
- Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium high heat until crisp. Remove bacon, and drain on paper towels, reserving 2 t. drippings in pan. Crumble bacon and set aside.
- Saute chopped onion and mushrooms in hot drippings 3 to 4 minutes or until tender.
- Stir together bacon, onion mixture, half and half, and next 4 ingredients in a large bowl. Combine cheese and flour; add to bacon mixture, stirring until blended. Pour mixture into crust.
- Bake at 350 for 45 to 50 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Shield edges with aluminum foil to prevent excess browning, if necessary. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.