1/1 Photo of Ham & Bacon Quiche
1 hr 35 mins
1 hr 5 mins
Real men say "yes"! Dollop with a little sour cream when serving if you like.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (15 ounce) package refrigerated pie crusts
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 6 slices bacon
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups half-and-half
- 1 cup chopped cooked ham
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups shredded swiss cheese
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1Fit 1 piecrust into a 9" deep dish pieplate according to package directions; trim dough around edges of pieplate.
- 2Place remaining piecrust on a lightly floured surface, cut desired shapes with a decorative 1" cookie cutter. Brush edge of piecrust in pieplate with beaten egg white; gently press dough shapes onto edge of piecrust. Pierce bottom and sides with a fork.
- 3Line piecrust with parchment paper or aluminum foil; fill piecrust with pie weights or dried beans.
- 4Bake at 400 for 10 minutes. Remove weights and parchment paper; bake 5 more minutes, and set aside. Reduce oven temperature to 350.
- 5Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium high heat until crisp. Remove bacon, and drain on paper towels, reserving 2 t. drippings in pan. Crumble bacon and set aside.
- 6Saute chopped onion and mushrooms in hot drippings 3 to 4 minutes or until tender.
- 7Stir together bacon, onion mixture, half and half, and next 4 ingredients in a large bowl. Combine cheese and flour; add to bacon mixture, stirring until blended. Pour mixture into crust.
- 8Bake at 350 for 45 to 50 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Shield edges with aluminum foil to prevent excess browning, if necessary. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ham & Bacon Quiche
Serving Size: 1 (210 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 839.0
- Calories from Fat 535
- Total Fat 59.4 g
- Saturated Fat 24.6 g
- Cholesterol 303.5 mg
- Sodium 835.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 30.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: