1/3 Photos of Ham-Asparagus Strata
1 hr 5 mins
Barb Gertz's Note:
This cheesy strata makes a wonderful brunch dish that you can assemble the night before. You may use Ham Or Chicken in this recipe with Asparagus or Broccoli. Adapated from Better Homes & Gardens. Chill time is 2 to 24 hours not included in prep time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 English muffins, torn or cut into bite-size pieces (4 Cups)
- 2 cups cubed cooked ham or 2 cups chicken (10-ounces)
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen cut asparagus or 1 (10 ounce) package frozen broccoli, thawed and well drained or 2 cups fresh cooked asparagus or 2 cups broccoli
- 4 ounces process swiss cheese, torn or 4 ounces gruyere cheese, cut up
- 4 beaten eggs
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onions
- 1 tablespoon dijon-style mustard
- pepper (Salt if using chicken)
- 1In a greased 2-quart square baking dish spread half of the English muffin pieces.
- 2Top with ham, asparagus, and cheese.
- 3Top with the remaining English muffins pieces.
- 4In a bowl whisk together eggs and sour cream, Stir in milk onion, mustard, and 1/8 teaspoon black pepper.
- 5(If using chicken add salt.) Pour evenly over layers in dish.
- 6Cover and chill 2 to 24 hours.
- 7Bake, uncovered, in a 325 degree oven for 60 to 65 minutes or until internal temperature registers 170 degrees on an instant thermometer.
- 8Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ham-Asparagus Strata
Serving Size: 1 (131 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 236.9
- Calories from Fat 114
- Total Fat 12.6 g
- Saturated Fat 6.0 g
- Cholesterol 127.2 mg
- Sodium 184.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 16.7 g