This cheesy strata makes a wonderful brunch dish that you can assemble the night before. You may use Ham Or Chicken in this recipe with Asparagus or Broccoli. Adapated from Better Homes & Gardens. Chill time is 2 to 24 hours not included in prep time.
- 4 English muffins, torn or cut into bite-size pieces (4 Cups)
- 2 cups cubed cooked ham or 2 cups chicken (10-ounces)
- 1 (10 ounce) packagefrozen cut asparagus or 1 (10 ounce) package frozen broccoli, thawed and well drained or 2 cups fresh cooked asparagus or 2 cups broccoli
- 4 ounces process swiss cheese, torn or 4 ounces gruyere cheese, cut up
- 4 beaten eggs
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onions
- 1 tablespoon dijon-style mustard
- pepper (Salt if using chicken)
- In a greased 2-quart square baking dish spread half of the English muffin pieces.
- Top with ham, asparagus, and cheese.
- Top with the remaining English muffins pieces.
- In a bowl whisk together eggs and sour cream, Stir in milk onion, mustard, and 1/8 teaspoon black pepper.
- (If using chicken add salt.) Pour evenly over layers in dish.
- Cover and chill 2 to 24 hours.
- Bake, uncovered, in a 325 degree oven for 60 to 65 minutes or until internal temperature registers 170 degrees on an instant thermometer.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.