Recipe by TexasHurricane
I got this idea after a visit to my local Roly Poly. My version is a little different from their's. They use turkey, bacon and basil mayo in place of the ham and plain mayo I use. I've posted this recipe for one serving, but I never measure anything when I make it, so feel free to make any adjustments you want to fit your taste. I make it using my George Formeman, but you could also use a panini machine if you have one.
- 1 whole wheat tortilla
- 1 tablespoon low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons apple butter
- 3 ounces thinly sliced deli ham
- 1 slice monterey jack cheese
- 1⁄8 cup diced mushroom
- 1⁄8 cup diced red onion
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
Directions See How It's Made
- Plug in your George Foreman or panini machine to let it heat up.
- Spray a non-stick skillet with cooking spray and add the mushrooms and red onion. Cook over medium heat until tender.
- While the mushrooms and onions are cooking, spread the mayo and applebutter on one side of the tortilla. Add the cheese and ham to the tortilla.
- When the mushrooms and onions are done cooking, add them in a strip down the center of the tortilla.
- Fold in the ends of the tortilla and wrap.
- Place the wrap in your George Foreman and grill until lightly browned.
- Serve with Dijon mustard.