Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
For a hearty breakfast or late-night casual supper.
- 1⁄4 cup diced peeled apple
- 1⁄4 cup diced havarti cheese
- 1⁄4 cup cooked ham
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon water
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon butter
- In a bowl, combine the apple, cheese, and ham; set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk the eggs, water, salt, and pepper together.
- In an 8-inch omelet pan or nonstick skillet over medium heat, melt the butter; swirl to coat the bottom of the skillet.
- When butter foams, pour in egg mixture all at once.
- Let set until edges start to cook, about 20 seconds.
- Using a spatula, gently lift edges of mixture and tip the skillet to allow the uncooked egg mixture to flow underneath.
- Continue doing this until the top is almost dry (3-4 minutes).
- Spoon cheese mixture over ½ of the omelet; fold over the other half to cover.
- Let stand a few seconds; turn out onto a warmed plate; serve immediately.
I have my own recipe for a one person omelet, and was tempted to use it, however I am glad I followed this recipe the result was just right for this recipe.I was more than pleased with the filling-I wondered if the omelet would be too cold etc etc - It was perfect. Crunch & fresh taste from the apple the cheese melted and the carnivore in me loved the ham. I used Italian flavored Gouda for the cheese. The end result was a lovely dinner for me - This recipe would be perfect too for lunch or a brunch Thanks ratherbe swimmin' for another excellent recipe