Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This creamy risotto is made with evaporated milk, so it's low in fat and super tasty. You can use any green vegetables instead of zucchini, like broccoli or spinach. Guaranteed to satisfy the most ravenous hunger.
- olive oil flavored cooking spray (1 spray)
- 1 leek, sliced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 sticks celery, diced
- 200 g ham, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups arborio rice
- 1 liter chicken stock
- 375 ml low-fat evaporated milk
- 3 small zucchini, diced
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- cracked black pepper
- Spray pan with oil and heat.
- Cook leek, garlic, celery and ham until leek is soft.
- Add rice and stir until rice is coated.
- Add stock and milk and bring to boil.
- Simmer for 20 minutes or until rice is soft, stirring occasionally.
- Add zucchini and peas, cook another 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat, stir in parsley, cheese and pepper.
Yum-o indeed! Tastes decadently creamy even though it's low in fat! I made 1/2 recipe (just 2 eaters!), used a bunch of scallions instead of a leek and omitted the fresh parsley as I didn't have any. Also used olive oil instead of cooking spray! Thank you for sharing!