Prep 25 mins
Cook 8 hrs
OK with vitamin A! The veggies in this recipe offer a super source of antioxidant vitamin A that helps prevent cell damage. From eatbetteramerica.com
- 2 cups diced cooked ham
- 3⁄4 cup uncooked wild rice
- 1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1 (1 lb) bag frozen mixed vegetables, thawed, drained
- 1 (14 ounce) can reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup fat-free half-and-half
- In 3- to 4-quart slow cooker, mix all ingredients except half-and-half.
- Cover; cook on Low heat setting 8 to 9 hours.
- Stir in half-and-half. Increase heat setting to High.
- Cover; cook 10 to 15 minutes longer or until hot.