Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 4 ounces mostaccioli pasta
- 2 cups sliced zucchini
- 1⁄2 cup sliced green onion
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried marjoram, crushed
- 1 (13 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 5 ounces fully cooked ham
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain well.
- Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan combine zucchini, onion, and 1/4 cup water.
- Bring to boiling; reduce heat.
- Simmer, covered, for 4 to 5 minutes or till vegetables are crisp-tender; drain well.
- Return to saucepan.
- Meanwhile, for sauce, in a small saucepan combine cornstarch, basil, marjoram, a little of the evaporated milk, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper.
- Stir in remaining milk all at once.
- Cook and stir till thickened and bubbly.
- Stir sauce, ham, and pasta into vegetables.
- Heat through.
This is one of our family's favorite recipes! It is a great way to use left over ham.