Recipe by Kitchen Witch Steph
Ham, cheese, broccoli, and spinach....A potato fit for a meal! Yummy. More potassium here then you get eating a banana. This recipe came from the Kansas City Star.
- 4 russet potatoes, 5 to 7 ounces each
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup cooked ham, cubes
- 1 cup small broccoli floret
- 1 cup coarsely chopped fresh spinach
- 1 cup milk (divided use)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 ounces swiss cheese, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F Scrub potatoes and prick. (I brush mine with oil and season with salt -- place a tray under them to catch any dripping oil).
- Bake 1 to 11/4 hours or until done.
- Melt butter in medium skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion and cook, stirring until onions are translucent.
- Stir in mushrooms and cook until onion is tender.
- Stir in ham and broccoli and cook until broccoli is tender.
- Stir in spinach and cook just until wilted.
- Stir together 1/4 cup cold milk and cornstarch; blend until completely dissolved.
- Stir cornstarch mixture into skillet and cook, stirring constantly, until mixture bubbles.
- Stir in remaining milk and cook until mixture bubbles and thickens.
- Stir in seasonings and cheese. Cook over low heat until cheese is melted. Split potatoes and push gently to open. Spoon mixture over potatoes.