1 hr 5 mins
The Flying Chef's Note:
This is a make from scratch recipe if you wanted to save time you could buy ready rolled short crust pastry.. This pie can be served either hot or cold so makes for a great light dinner with salad or as a lunch box item or picnic food. Prep time does not include fridge time for dough.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine the flour, salt and butter in a food processor and process until mixture forms breadcrumb texture.
- 2Add yolk and enough water to form a soft dough.
- 3Gently knead until smooth, wrap and refrigerate for 30 Min's.
- 4Make filling.
- 5Melt the butter in a fry pan and add leek and zucchini, cook, stirring gently about 5 min;s or until softened. Set to one side and cool.
- 6Roll out dough on a floured board to fit a 30cm pizza tray.
- 7Top with the vegetable mixture, philly and ham leaving a 5cm boarder.
- 8Fold pastry boarder towards filling, pleating the excess pastry as you go.
- 9Crack the eggs evenly over the ham and top with tomatoes and cheese.
- 10Bake in a very hot oven about 220c for 10 min's, reduce heat to 180c and cook for a further 20 min's or until eggs are set and pastry is golden.
- 11Allow to cool 5 min's before slicing.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ham and Vegetable Crostata
Serving Size: 1 (303 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 652.2
- Calories from Fat 389
- Total Fat 43.3 g
- Saturated Fat 23.5 g
- Cholesterol 423.8 mg
- Sodium 683.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 22.2 g