Prep 25 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a make from scratch recipe if you wanted to save time you could buy ready rolled short crust pastry.. This pie can be served either hot or cold so makes for a great light dinner with salad or as a lunch box item or picnic food. Prep time does not include fridge time for dough.
- 354.88 ml flour
- 0.25 ml salt
- 80 g butter, chopped
- 1 egg yolk
- 14.79 ml cold water
- 20 g butter
- 1 leek, sliced thinly
- 1 zucchini, thickly sliced
- 150 g Philadelphia Cream Cheese, chopped
- 50 g ham, thinly sliced
- 6 eggs
- 6-8 cherry tomatoes
- 29.58-59.16 ml parmesan cheese, finely grated (amount is your preference)
- Combine the flour, salt and butter in a food processor and process until mixture forms breadcrumb texture.
- Add yolk and enough water to form a soft dough.
- Gently knead until smooth, wrap and refrigerate for 30 Min's.
- Make filling.
- Melt the butter in a fry pan and add leek and zucchini, cook, stirring gently about 5 min;s or until softened. Set to one side and cool.
- Roll out dough on a floured board to fit a 30cm pizza tray.
- Top with the vegetable mixture, philly and ham leaving a 5cm boarder.
- Fold pastry boarder towards filling, pleating the excess pastry as you go.
- Crack the eggs evenly over the ham and top with tomatoes and cheese.
- Bake in a very hot oven about 220c for 10 min's, reduce heat to 180c and cook for a further 20 min's or until eggs are set and pastry is golden.
- Allow to cool 5 min's before slicing.