Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Delicious with white or wheat bread.
Make and share this Ham and Turkey Monte Cristo Sandwiches recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄3 cup honey mustard
- 10 slices white bread or 10 slices whole wheat bread
- 5 ounces sliced swiss cheese (five slices)
- 0.5 (9 ounce) packageshaved virginia brand deli ham
- 0.5 (9 ounce) packageshaved mesquite deli turkey
- 1⁄2 cup egg substitute
- 1⁄3 cup low-fat milk
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1⁄3 cup seedless raspberry jam, warmed
- Spread honey mustard evenly over 1 side of each bread slice.
- Place 1 Swiss cheese slice on each of 5 bread slices.
- Divide shaved ham and shaved turkey evenly over Swiss cheese. Top with remaining 5 bread slices, mustard side down.
- Whisk together 1/2 cup egg substitute and 1/3 cup milk; place in a shallow dish.
- Dip both sides of each sandwich into egg substitute mixture.
- Cook sandwiches in a lightly greased nonstick skillet over medium heat or in a griddle set to 325 for 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until lightly browned.
- Sprinkle evenly with powdered sugar, and top each sandwich with 1 tablespoons jam; serve immediately.
Love Monte Cristo sandwiches. Mixed my own honey mustard using spicy brown mustard and, of course, honey! Would fix this again. Thnx for posting, carolinafan. Made for Fall 2008 My-3-Chefs.