Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
from new zealands womans weekly for zaar world tour 8
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon parsley, minced
- 1 teaspoon chives, minced
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 slices deli ham, sliced to fold over
- 1 tomatoes, cut in 8ths top to bottom
- 1⁄4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- mix eggs and pepper parsley and chives.
- in pan heat butter until melted.
- add eggs.
- cook until almost set.
- alternate ham slices with tomatoes.
- on half of omelet.
- flip over top and sprinkle with cheese
- cover for a minute while cheese melts.
- slide onto plate.
Very nice omelet. I didn't have a whole tomato so I sliced what I had. Also realized that I didn't have any shredded cheese so I subbed a slice of cheese. Quick, easy and delicious. A perfect way to start the morning. Made for ZWT8 and The Wild Bunch.
Manly meal! This has robust flavor, and DH loved every bite (I had one bite for taste-testing, but this was really his breakfast). It seems like a lot of pepper (and it was), but that only contributed to its manliness. For ham I had one slice of Jack Daniel's ham and one leftover slice of serrano jamon, which also came from the deli counter. We used 1 perfect tomato from our garden. I used Mexican blend cheese because I had that on hand; that included cheddar cheese. DH thanks ZWT8 for sending this dish his way. Made for The Wild Bunch of ZWT8 for its stop in Australia/New Zealand.
This was a tasty breakfast that went together pretty fast! I doubled the recipe to make one big giant omelette to share. I think the parsley and the chives really gave an added freshness to the recipe, and the nice garden tomato was great also. Easy peasy! Made for ZWT 8.