Recipe by Chef Petunia
Not your usual grilled burgers. These huge burgers stuffed with ham and swiss cheese and grilled. A real family pleaser from Cooking Light.
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 lb ground round
- 1⁄2 cup swiss cheese, shredded
- 2 ounces low-sodium smoked ham, thinly sliced 33% -less-sodium
- cooking spray
- 8 slices sourdough bread
- 4 leaves lettuce leaves
- 8 slices red onions, 1/4-inch thick
- 8 slices tomatoes, 1/4-inch thick
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare grill.
- Combine first 6 ingredients. Divide mixture into 8 equal portions, shaping each into a 5-inch oval patty. Top each of 4 patties with 2 tablespoons cheese and 1/2 ounce ham, leaving a 1/2-inch border; top with remaining patties. Press edges together to seal.
- Place patties on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 3 minutes on each side or until done. Place bread slices on grill rack; grill 1 minute on each side or until toasted. Top each of 4 bread slices with 1 lettuce leaf, 2 onion slices, 1 patty, 2 tomato slices, and 1 bread slice.