Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a very quick fix, 5-10 min prep, 30 minutes in the oven. Kids love it. I add ranch dressing for additional flavor. I use real bacon bits to save time. You can substitute the cheese of your choice. I have used American, Mild Cheddar and Mozzarella. I have experimented with adding scrambled eggs for a brunch. You can also use the french bread idea for pizza pockets and much more. The possibilities are endless.
- 1 (11 ounce) packagerefrigerated French bread dough
- 6 ounces thinly sliced deli ham
- 6 green onions, sliced (optional)
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded swiss cheese
- 2 -4 tablespoons ranch dressing (optional)
- Unroll dough on a lightly greased baking sheet. Place ham on dough, don't go all the way to the edge, leave about a 1/4 to 1/2 inch; spread Ranch Dressing over the ham; sprinkle evenly with onions, bacon and cheese. Roll up jelly-roll style, start with the long side. Pinch edges to seal and tuck the ends under. Place the seam side down on the baking sheet.
- Cut several slits on top of the loaf (about 1/4 in deep). Bake at 350°F for 26-30 minutes until golden brown. Cool a bit before slicing.
Sooo good! Delicious on a cold night with a bowl of soup.
Overall was very good! Everyone who ate it was happy. I think next time I'm going to try cheddar cheese instead.
I have been making this recipe for years. I find it is a good companion to potato soup on a cold night. There is only three of us here, and there is never any leftovers.