Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Ham and potato dish from Diabetic Cooking magazine.
- 5 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 3 cups frozen shredded hash browns, thawed and pressed dry
- 3⁄4 cup shredded low-fat swiss cheese
- 1⁄3 cup frozen spinach, thawed and pressed dry
- 1 ounce low-sodium ham, diced
- 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
- Cook onion in 1 tsp oil over medium heat for five minutes, or until tender. Remove to a large bowl. Add potatoes, 1/2 cup cheese, spinach ham and egg whites to the bowl and combine.
- Heat two tsp oil over medium heat in a nonstick skillet. Put potato mixture into skillet, pressing down lightly. Cook five minutes. Lift edges and tilt skillet to allow uncooked portion to flow underneath.
- Place a large plate over the skillet. Invert potatoes onto plate. Heat remaining oil over medium heat. Slide potatoes, uncooked side down, back into skillet. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Cook 5 minutes or until rosti is browned and cheese is melted. Let stand 5 minutes.