This was published in Everyday Rachel Ray magazine and for best results you should use a cast iron skillet to insure a a crunchy crust. This tastes like a hot sandwich! Left overs are even better as long as you warm up the slice in a toaster oven or conventional oven. I use Krakus ham on my pizza, but Im sure you can use any deli-type ham.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the Dough
- 1/4 cup lukewarm water, plus
- 2 tablespoons of lukewarm water
- 1/2 tablespoon active dry yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1For the dough:.
- 2In a small bowl, stir together the luke warm water, yeast and sugar. Let stand until foamy about 3 to 5 minutes.
- 3Using a standing mixer with the dough hook attachment, mix the flour and salt at low speed. Mix the yeast mixture along with the olive oil. And let the mixer run at medium speed for about 6 minutes or until dough is smooth.
- 4Transfer the dough to a greased large mixing bowl, turning to coat; cover with plastic wrap and let rise for until doubled about 45 to 60 minutes. Punch down dough before using.
- 5Press the pizza dough into a greased 9 to 10 inch cast-iron skillet and let rise until doubled about 20 to 30 minutes.
- 6Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Brush the dough with 1 TBLS olive oil. Using a food processor, puree the cottage cheese, sour cream and 1/8 tsp pepper. Spread over the crust, leaving a 1/2 inch border. Arrange the ham on top, then sprinkle withthe gruyere and onion. Bake until golden about 25 to 30 minutes. Sprinkle with thyme and let cool for 10 minutes before slicing.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ham-And-Swiss Pizza
Serving Size: 1 (144 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 363.2
- Calories from Fat 178
- Total Fat 19.8 g
- Saturated Fat 7.5 g
- Cholesterol 37.9 mg
- Sodium 636.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 15.6 g