1 hr 15 mins
I found this recipe in a magazine years ago and lost it! I just found it again on the Fleischmann's website! It's delicious! The bread part could probably be adapted to a bread machine, although I have not tried to yet. Please let me know if you do!
My Private Note
large l ...
Units: US | Metric
- 3 1/2-4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 packages fast rising yeast
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup very warm water (120-130^ F)
- 1/4 cup prepared mustard
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 cups chopped cooked ham (about 1 pound)
- 1 cup grated swiss cheese (4oz)
- 1 (4 ounce) jar diced pimentos, well drained
- 3/4 cup diced dill pickle
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1In a large bowl, combine 1+1/2 cups flour, undissolved yeast, sugar and salt.
- 2Stir warm water, mustard and butter into dry ingredients.
- 3Stir in enough remaining flour to make a soft dough.
- 4Knead on lightly floured surface until smooth and elastic, about 4-6 minutes.
- 5Cover, let rest on floured surface 10 minutes.
- 6On lightly floured surface, roll dough to 15 x 10 inch rectangle.
- 7Transfer to greased baking sheet.
- 8Sprinkle ham, cheese, pimientos, and pickles lengthwise over the center third of dough.
- 9with a sharp knife, make cuts from filling to dough edges at 1 inch intervals along sides of filling.
- 10Alternating sides, fold strips at an angle across filling.
- 11Cover loaf; let rise in warm, draft-free place until almost double in size, about 20 to 40 minutes.
- 12Brush loaf with egg.
- 13Bake at 375^ F for 35 minutes or until done.
- 14Remove from sheet to wire rack.
- 15Serve warm.
- 16Refrigerate leftovers: reheat to serve.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ham and Swiss Loaf
Serving Size: 1 (1589 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3611.1
- Calories from Fat 1230
- Total Fat 136.7 g
- Saturated Fat 62.5 g
- Cholesterol 752.6 mg
- Sodium 3376.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 385.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 20.1 g
- Sugars 36.9 g
- Protein 199.2 g