Recipe by Mille®
From the Kenniston Hill Inn, Boothbay, Maine
Top Review by Dancer^
We were very surprised that not everyone likes ham and swiss, but my husband and I did so thats all that matters, very tastey easy to make I tripled the recipe twice. but there was leftovers. so we had them for breakfast today. We will make again just for ourselves, great recipe.
- 4 puff pastry, squares 5 x 5-inch
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onions
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup shredded swiss cheese or 1 cup swiss-cheddar-jack cheese mix
- 2⁄3 cup cooked ham, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried dill weed or 1 tablespoon snipped fresh dill weed
- 1 dash garlic powder
- 1 dash fresh ground pepper
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tablespoons water
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F to 425°F.
- If using frozen pastry puff, let pastry come to room temperature.
- In small saucepan, cook onion in butter till tender but not browned.
- For filling, in a medium mixing bowl combine egg, cheese, ham, parsley, dill weed, garlic powder, and pepper; stir in onion mixture; set aside.
- Place 2 to 3 tablespoons of the filling just off center on each square.
- Moisten edges of pastry with water; fold in half diagonally.
- Seal edges by pressing with finger or tines of a fork.
- Place pastry on ungreased baking sheet and coat with egg wash.
- Place in preheated oven and immediately drop temperature to 380°F and cook 20 to 25 minutes till nicely browned.