Recipe by mums the word
I found this in a book that I must return to the library so am posting for future reference. This comes from The $7 a Meal Slow Cooker Cookbook. "Kids especially will love this recipe. It's hot, creamy and comforting, made easy by starting with frozen potatoes."
Top Review by tabasco0697
We enjoyed this very much. My mom who is one of the pickyest eaters I've ever met actually said she loved this. I didn't use quite as much marjoram as the recipe calls for because I wasn't sure if we would like this particular herb. But next time I will use the whole amount called for. And there most definitely will be a next time. I plan on using this as a good cold weather comfort food recipe. Maybe on a Sunday after Church. I always use the crock pot on Sundays. Now I'm cooking with the Crock pot everyday because it is too hot to cook. This recipe was also very inexpensive to make. Thank you for posting
- 0.5 (32 ounce) package French fries (frozen, straight cut)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1⁄4 cups ham (fully cooked, cubed)
- 1 cup swiss cheese, shredded
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of potato soup
- 1⁄2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen peas (thawed)
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- In 3 1/2 quart slow cooker, combine potatoes, onions, garlic, ham, Swiss cheese and mix well.
- In medium bowl, combine soup, ricotta cheese, pepper and marjoram, blend and then pour over the potato mixture.
- Cover and cook on low 8-9 hours or until potatoes are tender.
- Stir in peas and Parmesan cheese, cover and cook on high 30-40 min or until peas are hot.
- Serve immediately.