Recipe by JoAnn
Not just for breakfast but for any meal of the day. Omit green pepper and add mushrooms if desired. A topping of salsa might be good also. Haven't personally tried this recipe, it was posted by request.
Top Review by It's Good to be Queen!
We love this! So easy and quick. Great for breakfast, lunch, dinner or brunch. Serve with a side salad and seasonal fruit. We always add chopped onion and green peppers. On occasion sliced mushrooms. Perfect light meal!
- 1⁄3 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄3 cup green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 large eggs
- 2⁄3 cup cooked ham, chopped
- 1 cup swiss cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- In skillet cook onion and green pepper with salt& pepper in 1 Tbls.
- of olive oil over low heat until green pepper is tender.
- In a bowl whisk together the eggs, ham, 2/3 cup Swiss cheese, and salt& pepper.
- Add onion and green pepper to egg mixture and stir until combined well.
- In skillet heat remaining 1/2 Tbls.
- olive oil over moderate heat until hot and pour in mixture, distributing ham and green pepper evenly.
- Cook frittata without stirring for 8 to 10 minutes or until edge is set but center is still soft.
- Sprinkle remaining 1/3 cup Swiss cheese over the top.
- (If the skillet handle is plastic, wrap it in a double thickness of foil).
- Broil frittata under preheated broiler about 4 inches from the heat for 2 to 3 minutes or until the cheese is golden.
- Cool in skillet for 5 minutes.
- Slide the frittata onto a serving plate and cut into wedges.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.