Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Not just for breakfast but for any meal of the day. Omit green pepper and add mushrooms if desired. A topping of salsa might be good also. Haven't personally tried this recipe, it was posted by request.
- 1⁄3 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄3 cup green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 large eggs
- 2⁄3 cup cooked ham, chopped
- 1 cup swiss cheese, shredded
- In skillet cook onion and green pepper with salt& pepper in 1 Tbls.
- of olive oil over low heat until green pepper is tender.
- In a bowl whisk together the eggs, ham, 2/3 cup Swiss cheese, and salt& pepper.
- Add onion and green pepper to egg mixture and stir until combined well.
- In skillet heat remaining 1/2 Tbls.
- olive oil over moderate heat until hot and pour in mixture, distributing ham and green pepper evenly.
- Cook frittata without stirring for 8 to 10 minutes or until edge is set but center is still soft.
- Sprinkle remaining 1/3 cup Swiss cheese over the top.
- (If the skillet handle is plastic, wrap it in a double thickness of foil).
- Broil frittata under preheated broiler about 4 inches from the heat for 2 to 3 minutes or until the cheese is golden.
- Cool in skillet for 5 minutes.
- Slide the frittata onto a serving plate and cut into wedges.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
We love this! So easy and quick. Great for breakfast, lunch, dinner or brunch. Serve with a side salad and seasonal fruit. We always add chopped onion and green peppers. On occasion sliced mushrooms. Perfect light meal!
This was really delicious. I had some leftover ham, and this was a simple and yummy way to use it up! I doubled the recipe for my large skillet. Thanks for posting!